Domnarski Farm Ice

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Today's plan....




These are the forecast temps/conditions. If I was determined to have good ice the plan would be to get out there today and start removing snow. That would allow the surface to heat up with solar heating during the upcoming warmer days and hopefully re-freeze as ice.

The problem is that hand shoveling is a lot of work. If I started shoveling right now, and then used the ice mower, I could maybe skate by evening. I'm a NFL football fan and would rather watch both playoff games on my day off from work.

This evening would probably be the only useful time of the ice as the temps are suppose to rise tomorrow and be in the 40's all week. Any work I do today would likely be undone by tomorrow evening. We wouldn't be able to skate all week and by next weekend, any modifications to the ice would probably turn to slush and not be recognizable.

So I'm not going to bust my ass for ice I won't be able to skate on all this week. I'll just have to wait and see how much rain we are going to get by next Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home